XBee Carrier is a Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) base board designed for Bee series and groves. It is primarily suitable for standalone Bee Nodes like RFBee, Wifi Bee which have ATMega328 onboard.
Not for standalone applications
Bees which do not have ATMega328 like Bluetooth Bee can only be configured by using on-board FT232RL(USB to UART). Theses Bees are not suitable for standalone applications.
The on-board FT232RL can be used like any other 3.3V USB to UART interface when not connected to any Bee Modules. This is useful for programming a 3.3V MCU through Serial Port.
1. Bees Compatible Receptacle
2. Two Grove Connectors
3. Two Grove Place Holders
4. LEDs for PWR, Charge Indication and UART transmission.
5. Power Switch
6. Reset Button
1. Wireless Sensor Network with Standalone Bee Node like Wifi Bee.
2. As a configuration aid for Bees using FT232RL.
3. Charger for Lithium Ion Cells using on-board charge controller.
4. As a FT232RL based 3.3v USB-UART.
Insert the Bees in the proper direction. Use the Bee outline on the silk-screen.