Grove - Bee Socket is an adaptor of Xbee serials which can connect wireless modules with Arduino, such as WIFI Bee, RF Bee, Bluetooth Bee, etc.
1. Standard Bee Socket and Grove Interface
2. Onboard 3.3V regulator to power your XBee
3. Level Shifting circuit
4. Reset Button for Bee modules
5. LEDs for Bee operations
Using the Grove - Bee Socket, it is easy to control Bee Modules by Arduino/Seeeduino. Here take the RF Bee as an example, we'll tell you how to use it.
1. Plug XBee module onto the Bee Socket.
2. Then connect Grove - Bee Socket to UART Interface of Arduino/Seeeduino using a Grove cable. And connect your Arduino/Seeeduino to the computer via a USB cable to turn it on.
3. Now you can send some simple AT commands to do some basic configuration for the RF Bee and send/receive data. Of cource, you can update the firmware without changing the hardware connection.
It is Arduino compatible and more effective to conduct peer-to-peer operations and mesh network runned by wireless modules. Regulator CJT1117 guareteens Xbee of stable 3.3 voltages. LEDs can reflect working modes of the Grove modules clearly.
Grove-Bee Socket has similar functions to XBee Shield. Grove-Bee Socket and Arduino are connected by cables, and XBee Shield is a standard adapter that can plug to Arduino.